Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

Nora turns 6

First of all, I will be really excited when we get our camera fixed. My phone just does not take the same quality and speed of photos.  But, at least I have it, right? 

So in July, a day came that I can hardly believe. And I will say that for every birthday for the rest of her life.
Nora turned 6. 
I don't know how to describe how that makes me feel. I look at her and I still see the tiny baby wrapped in a pink blanket six years ago.
So it is hard to fathom how six years could have gone by so quickly, so delightfully, full of so much joy and blond hair bouncing and belly laughs. 

I have written before about Nora joining our family here. She was meant to be in our family.
Every day is so fun with her and I know we all love her to death and can't imagine our lives without her.

I think being the youngest child would have some definite perks. While yes, mommy and daddy are a little more tired than when Kate was 6, we are also more patient and know that a lot of things aren't that big of a deal. 
And she has 5 older siblings who adore her. The girls dote on her more than the boys. Charlie likes to argue with her. It's hilarious. I am always asking him why a 12 year old boy would argue with his 6 year old sister. He has no answer for me. It just is.
Nora and Henry are best buds. They are only 22 months apart so they don't remember life without each other.

Anne Marie is the fun, creative older sister who also goes RUNNING to comfort whenever Nora makes the slightest inclination that she is hurt or bothered in any way. 

And then Kate and Julia are the other mothers to her. Old enough to remember her as a tiny baby, to have changed her diaper and enamored by her. Even if they do think she is a bit spoiled;) 

See? Lucky little girl.

But she makes it so easy to love her. She smiles and laughs easily. She is so grateful for anything you do for her. She apologizes easily to others and she loves to help and seems to be very good at helping others feel happy. 

And it is so fun to give her presents!










This was the year for a Frozen party. She loves the movie as does every other girl in the world. So you would think finding Frozen themed party decor would be easy, right? No way. We had to hunt. But we succeeded and she was a happy little girl.









I love my family. And I am grateful daily for each and every one of my children. It is a privilege and a joy to be their mother. 

10 reasons we love Nora

1. She loves to snuggle. She will ask me to read to her and snuggle on my bed at night. How can I say no? I can't.
2. She is sweet and kind but when she gets mad she finds somewhere deep down that comes exploding out. It doesn't happen very often, but woo hee is it something!
3. Her siblings are her best friends. She loves spending time with all of them.
4. She will help whenever I ask. They all do at this age, but I still love it for as long as it lasts.
5. She seems to innately know when someone needs her to rub their arm or tell them she loves them, or if we need a hug. It's pretty adorable.
6. She will try almost anything I make for dinner. Since we have been vegan it's a little tougher for her, but she really does try.
7. Her smile is infectious. It lights up a room and her dimples need to be kissed!
8. She has always been easy to put to bed. She never went through the phase of coming out a million times. 95 percent of the time, when I put her to bed, she stays there.
9. She tells the truth. Its not easy for her all the time, but she wants to do the right thing.
10. She simply has us all wrapped around her finger. Especially me, I admit. There is something about her that makes a person warm and fuzzy on the inside when you are around her. It's one of her gifts. And it's a good one.

Happy Birthday darling Nora!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...