Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

When you can't sleep

Jeff and I have had some things are our collective married mind lately. Nothing serious, but just decisions that need to be made about buying a house, staying in the country or moving closer to town.

We have talked round and round about it. We have a couple of options, one of which I can't talk about  because it involves other people and no final decisions have been made. 

But after a lot of discussion we felt like we had decided what direction we wanted to go. 

And then we couldn't sleep. 

Midnight came and went and still no sleep for either of us. Most likely because once our minds were pretty made up, all that it would mean kept circulating in our heads-possibilities, logistics and such.

Finally at 12:30 we decided sleep was not coming and so we went on a drive and get cookies. From McDonalds.
I know, I know. But there is not much open in a town like Ellensburg past midnight

So we got our cookies, and drove around for a while. Long enough to feel settled and able to go home and sleep. 

But it was fun while it lasted.




At 8:30 last night I could have easily fallen asleep, I was so tired. But I had to get kids to bed. Why is it, even when we are so tired, that pressing matters keep our minds buzzing? I don't know the answer but I do know I am grateful to have someone that I am happy to stay up all night with:)

Life continues to be an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...