Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The stuntman and the cheerleader

Our local high school cheer leaders do an annual fund raiser by putting on a little cheer camp. Nora has participated before but this was Henry's first time. He was the only boy. Boys are not cheerleaders, they are stuntman. It's an important distinction. 

They are bases, help the cheer leaders do stunts and just there to be muscle and hang out with a lot of cute girls:)



He's there, if you look close. He did not dance and refused to have his picture taken with the high school cheer leaders. But he said he wants to do it again next year. I was surprised because I thought that his refusal to have his picture taken meant he hated it. But I think he really liked being in front of a crowd and hanging out with a bunch of girls. That sounds just like his dad. Hahahahaha! So guess he knows a good thing when he sees it. ;)


Nora LOVED it. She did not stop jumping and bouncing the whole time. I was not a cheer leader. Don't be shocked. I never had anything against the cheer leaders at my school. Many of them were my friends.  I just like giving my kids different options when they are little so that they can figure out what they like on their own. Cheer leader, band, football, cross country, Key Club, it's all great as far as I'm concerned.


Who knows, maybe some day they will be a cheer leader and a stuntman for longer than an evening. Either way, it was totally worth the 30 bucks each just to see them NOT afraid in front of packed bleachers. 

I love my kids. I want them to find joy in what they do. And that will look different for all of them. And isn't that wonderful?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...