Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Trying something new

IJulia decided that this was her year to play a sport. She participated in the triathlon at girls camp this summer and it lit the running and swimming bug for her.

So she ran during the summer and then when school started she joined the swim team.


Her goal was to just improve, beat her own time and do something different. She accomplished all of those things.

We were really proud of her as she shaved seconds off her time, improved her starts and got to know more girls from school. I can't imagine deciding to join the swim team as a junior in high school. It was so adventurous of her. 



My kids inspire me all the time. They have shown me again and again that you don't have to be afraid. The world is it there to enjoy and explore and to have new experiences. 

Some, like swimming, I will have to take their word for it. But we all can find ways to expand our view to include things we have never done before. 

Otherwise what's the point? 

And to illustrate that I give you "I lived" byOne Republic 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...